Saturday, November 11, 2017

The Goal

I have struggled with my weight the majority of my adult life. I've tried just about every fad diet and weight loss program out there. Of course, I would loose some weight but it was always short lived and the weight would come roaring back leaving me feeling just as discouraged as when I started. Sound familiar? Its the nature of the yo-yo diet. 

Before I go any further, let me tell you right from the start, I know this is not a popular topic. I continue to struggle with this diet, exercise, fall-off-the-wagon roller coaster ride every single day. Truth be told, I'm probably at my heaviest in 5 years. In fact, while pondering the title of this blog, I turned to my kitchen and pantry to find my answers.......they weren't there (if you were wondering). I'm not here to tell you that there is a magic solution to the struggle. I'm also not going to share an eating or exercise program with you that will promise extraordinary results. To be honest, it's not about the weight. It's about drawing closer to God, learning what he says about us and learning to turn to Him rather than our pantry or the treadmill when we need comfort or encouragement. The goal?......To find, within God's word where food, exercise, our bodies and self-esteem fit into His promise and apply it to our lives. 

I hope you'll join me in this journey. Don't take my word for it. I'm not a teacher, a theologian or an expert. Get into Gods word and see for yourself what God says about you. Share your thoughts, your victories, your struggles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment